PMI explained that it is time to count down the date for updating test questions, starting January 2, 2021. According to the Project Management Institute, the detailed changes that will occur to PMP certification are based on the results of the latest research study conducted.
What is the reason behind updating the PMP exam questions?
The Project Management Institute keeps pace with contemporary technological developments for companies and individuals, so the new update that will be launched will be comprehensive to those developments that have occurred in companies and the primary goal is to connect people and companies with those contemporary developments and adapt to changes in the global market and the presence of people able to manage successful projects and develop companies and institutions.
What new changes will you make to PMP?
The new changes that the PMI has made to the PMP test are focused on three key areas: People, Operations, Environment. About half of the test will represent the predictive project management curriculum and the other half will represent the agile or mixed methodology.
What concerns new changes in the field of people!!
It represents 42% of the total and contains 14 distinct missions, of which 13 are new. Tasks within this group include:
- Manage conflict
- Team performance evaluation
- Empowering the team and stakeholders
- Ensure that the team and stakeholders are appropriately trained
- Team building
- Remove barriers and obstacles to the team
- Negotiate project agreements
- Dealing with virtual teams
- Create a common understanding
- Steer stakeholders
- Determine the basic rules of the team
- Direct the concerned authorities
- Helping the team to define their work agreements.
- Enhance team performance by applying emotional intelligence
What concerns new changes in the field of processes!
It represents 50% of the total and contains 17 tasks:
- Execute the project at the speed required to provide business value.
- Communications management.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Involvement of stakeholders.
- Budget and resource planning and management.
- Planning and managing the schedule.
- Product quality planning and management.
- Domain planning and management.
- Integrate project planning activities.
- Manage project changes.
- Procurement planning and management.
- Project component management.
- Determine the appropriate project methodology and practices.
- Create a project governance structure.
- Managing project problems.
- Ensure knowledge transfer for project continuity.
- Plan and manage project / phase closure or transitions.
What concerns the new changes in the field of work environment!
It represents 8% of the total, and the tasks within this group include 4 new tasks:
- Plan and manage project compliance
- Evaluate and present project benefits and value
- valuate and address changes in the external business environment to influence the scope
- Support organizational change
How do I pass the PMP test?
There are 5 short and easy steps to take the PMP exam:
- Choose the appropriate preparation course.
- Choose the scientific material for studying.
- Create a study plan that suits your abilities.
- Submit a test application.
- Book an appointment for testing.
For a full PMP certified course, and for more details click here!